Saturday 14 March 2009

Calling all Time Lords

I want to go back in time.

I want to go back to the days when 9 times out of 10 when I turned on the television I got a picture...and the 1 time in 10 when I didn't, I could guarantee it's return by running around the sitting room, ariel in hand, waving it madly until I got in the most awkward pose possible and then it would return. You might have to balance with one leg on the window sill , hanging onto the curtains,but at least you could watch the news.
Just lately it seems either the weather breaks up the picture or you just get the message ( there is a technical fault with this channel ) . Okay I know the twiddly bit on the dish needs to be set up just right, but come on it is a bit pathetic when you can get a picture in fine weather but not in rain or wind.


Some days it seems the further we have progressed in technology the more we regress with stability and reliability.


I embraced the digital age. I loved my dab radio. I loved the fact that even if I needed to concentrate I could still have the radio on, but instead of waffle or music I could find soothing birdsong. How forward thinking is that? It's utterly brilliant...that was until my radio blew up...Yes it really did go BANG! My old radio however, the one which is at least 2 decades old, that my Dad got from the charity shop is still going strong in spite of a repair because of a mouse chewing through the cable.

Hi tech is so delicate and somehow doesn't seem to cope with usability in every day life. What a shame when the ideas are so out of this world.

Okay I am better now I have that out of my system, you can all go back to your digital delights now...May they work perfectly for you for many years to come, and I hope I am the only one with reason to grouch.

Doxie x

No comments:

Post a Comment