- baking potatoes
- Approx half a cereal bowl full of grated cheese for every 2 potatoes.
- Approx 1 chopped onion ( cooked ) for every 2 potatoes ( you can have them raw but I like to cook them )
- cooked bacon chopped into bits
- freshly ground pepper
- handful extra of grated cheese for topping.
- Bake your potatoes until the jackets are crispy, you don't want to do them in the microwave as the skins will be too soft and may tear.
- When potatoes are thoroughly cooked and crispy, take out of oven. Leave oven on. Cut potatoes in two, and scoop inners out into a bowl. Mash.
- Now add cheese, bacon, onions and pepper to the mash. Give it a good mix to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Put mixture back into halves/skins, dividing mixture equally. They will look like little boats. You can leave the mash bumpy and fluffy on top or squish down with a fork and make a pattern, whatever takes your fancy
- sprinkle the extra cheese on top.
- Put back in the oven to bring up to temperature and until it begins to brown a little. ( unless you absolutely can't wait, in which case, scoff right away!
There are so many variations on this theme. If you are health conscious they go nicely with a green side salad.