Thursday 4 February 2010

Out of my comfort zone again.

Mr Patience has been telling me that I need to build my confidence so took me out of my comfort zone and off to practice some city driving today. I hated it...no,that's not right, I mean, I HATED it with a capital "H". I know it is something I need to do. I want to be the kind of driver that can go anywhere, but I hate the city even on foot...this means that I can probably count the number of times I have been there voluntarily in the past 20 years on my fingers and toes...in truth probably, just my fingers, or just my toes!!!!!

I did a "turn in the road" on a hill...last time I did this I cried ( cringe ).Today I wanted to, but I don't "think" I did...I just felt on the verge of it for most of the lesson...it's odd how I get like that when driving. It usually takes a lot for my eyes to spring a leak...in fact there are very few people on this planet that have seen me cry, so it surprises me that I get like this when I am driving... I guess since I have been an adult not much has really SCARED me to this extent. I should be thankful for that I guess. :o) Anyway I did the turn in the road in spite of this horrid feeling that the car will tip sideways and roll with us in it, LOL. It sounds daft when I read that, but that is how I feel at the time, strangely disorientated.

A couple of days ago I wrote a list of some of the things that scare me when driving that I need to push myself on...I had "level crossings" written down and lo and behold, today I did my first one. I am sure Mr Patience is psychic...or Mr Doxie is secretly texting him telling him what scares the pants off me and where I need practice! Nah, maybe not, Mr D knows his life wouldn't be worth living if he did that,I guess Mr Patience is just a damned good teacher.

Anyway, I survived the city. I don't think I did very well being in panic mode most of the time, but I did it. Doxie, feeling challenged...but still happy

No comments:

Post a Comment