Tuesday 2 June 2009

Les Petits Moineaux

I have had so much pleasure the last week or so watching the petit moineaux in our garden. We bought a new hanging feeding bowl and I have been filling it daily with bread soaked in water. There has been a constant coming and going of parents feeding their babies. It is sooo sweet to see the little babies fluttering with impatience as they sit in the tree, and then pestering their parents something rotten when they return with a few morsels...it amuses me so much when you can't tell the babies from the parents because they are exactly the same size, it kind of makes me think they are big enough to get their own food and are probably just trying it on LOL.

Soon I want to pop into an Equestrian place nearby that also sells poultry feed, I am hoping they do some kind of chick crumb which will probably be far more nutritious than granary bread LOL.

We have a dove nesting for the second time this year just outside of DS's bedroom window, I am planning to take some pictures when she is facing the right way...she is either very trusting or oblivious to our presence as she doesn't seem to mind us looking out at her, especially as this is her second clutch in the same spot this year.

What a dull place the world would be without wild birds.

Doxie :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment