Saturday 25 April 2009

New bird feeder

We bought a new bird feeder yesterday. Woody the ( yes you guessed ) Wood pigeon is so cheeky just lately. He used to come and sit on the garden screen near the kitchen window and peer in until I was persuaded to go and put some grain on the bird table...now however he just ignores the rules, which means if he gets to the bird table before me, meaning it is empty on his arrival, he doesn't hang around and wait to be fed... he goes to the small bird feeders hanging from the tree and noshes up from them. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge him a bit of seed, it is just that he finishes it all up and there is none left for the little birds who patiently wait their turn.

The solution is we HOPE...one of those feeders incased in a large wire ball, so only the little birds can get to the food. Woody still has the same choices, I just hope the little birdies realise that they have a new choice.

I wonder how long it will take them to realise there is a new food source out there...we will see...

Doxie twitching through the window.

Update: The finches and Tits have found the new feeder already! I wish the sparrows would cotton on to it though...Even Woody found it, but luckily it worked and he couldn't get his head through the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment