Saturday 2 May 2009

slugs

I hadn't found that many slugs this year but didn't want anyone to eat my freshly planted cornflowers so I put pellets down as insurance anyway...boy oh boy am I glad I did!... after a night of rain the flower bed was littered with dead slugs. It was quite a shock to know that many had been hiding where I couldn't see them...a few had got to the odd cornflower but I have no doubt that the whole flowerbed would have disappeared over night if I hadn't taken precautions. They have been picked up ( YUK ) and put in the bin so the birds don't get them, although I do use wildlife safe pellets. ( obviously not safe to slimy wildlife though! )

Doxie the relieved.

1 comment:

  1. Eeek I only just saw your post. I will check this out, thanks...although I hope my Slow Worm will be taking care of them. :o)

    ReplyDelete