Monday 31 August 2009

I am a new fan...

of PG Wodehouse...well that is not exactly true, I have always enjoyed the televised series of "Jeeves and Wooster" and I've appreciated the few plays I have seen but I had never read one of his books until now. Over the last week I have been going to bed with "Leave it to Psmith" which is part of the Blandings series and can't wait to get my hands on another one. It is not often I read fiction these days and I certainly don't usually finish a book in less than a week of bedtimes so I guess I am hooked. the man is a genius...there was not one page that failed to hold my interest...he was obviously a great people/relationship watcher and translates his observations to the page with perfection. His use of language is a delight and oddly does not seem old fashioned...you just feel you are taking a glimpse into another world.

The same day I bought Wodehouse I got an Agatha Christie too, I have only read one AC and that was years ago so I am going to discipline myself to read that before I rush into my next visit to Blandings castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment