Wednesday 20 July 2011

My cherry blossom

I love Cherry blossom...we planted an ornamental Cherry in the garden about 15 years ago and it never fails to give a super show, but sadly it never lasts for long which teaches us to really appreciate it during it's short season. One evening I was feeling rather bored...the men were watching a film that I didn't particularly want to see so I had a play with a few leftovers in my craft stash.

What I used:
  • Straight sticks from my Spirea bush
  • Floristry ribbon from a Mother's day bouquet DS gave me
  • Child's bracelet left over from a party lucky dip 
All I did was cut out flower shapes from the ribbon, attach the little coloured stars from the bracelet with hot glue and then attached the blossoms to the sticks and put in a little glass jar. Now I can have cherry blossom ( although not as ornate as mine in the garden ) all year around!

a pretty way to recycle some leftovers!  
I think I will try making some Chinese Fringe Flowers soon. I just got to fiind the right kind of materials for the actual fluffy petals, something that I can cut fine, will drape and not fray. I have the 'real' plant in the garden so hopefully it will flower again soon and I can study it in more detail.It always seems that the shortest lived flowers are the prettiest, still I guess that teaches us not to take them for granted and to really enjoy them while they are here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment