Saturday 3 September 2011

Having a go at Brioche

I'm still exploring new ( to me ) doughs in the kitchen. I'd never tried making Brioche and yesterday took the plunge...have to say I am very pleased :) I chose to make Cinnamon rolls...very easy, looked good and tasted even better!




I sent a few next door whilst they were still warm but haven't had the verdict yet. Today some friends turned up unexpectedly and I still had a bag of dough in the fridge so it was just a matter of rolling it out, spreading the filling, leaving to rise and baking...a real treat to share :) I read that you can freeze the dough so I'm definitely making a few batches to put in the freezer nearer Christmas time...my friend James said today " Mmm, all that's missing is the snow, lol" ...so I think they'll go down a treat during the festive season :)

If you've not tried Cinnamon rolls made with Brioche, I urge you, have a go, you won't regret it, yum!

I'm certainly enjoying the new doughs, but the only thing is, my waistline is expanding, YIKES!

Doxie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment